1. Our Commitment to Protect Your Privacy
2. The Personal Data We Collect
2.1 We will collect and process some or all of the following Personal Data about you:
- Information about you Your personal information such as your name, gender, date of birth, nationality, contact details, travel document, school and test reports, your parents’/guardian’s names and contact details, photographs and other images, and any information relating to any special assistance that you require such as dietary requirements or health issues;
- Your payment details Payment details such as card holder name, credit or debit card number and expiry date, account information relating to other payment services (such as online or mobile payment services or virtual currency) and billing information;
- Information we collect in relation to providing our services to you Information about your details to be filled in the school application forms and all other relevant documentations;
- Survey information Your responses to surveys, research and marketing scheme conducted by us or on our behalf; and
- Your use of our website, mobile applications and social media platforms Details of your visits to our website, your use of social media platforms and our mobile applications and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technology including information that you look at. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available online, including your social media profiles.
2.2 Certain Personal Data (particularly your name, passport details, date of birth, nationality, school reports, parents/guardians’ contact information) are required for many of our documentation in rendering our services to you and if you fail to supply such Personal Data as requested for specific services, we may be unable to deliver services in full.
3. How we collect Personal Data
3.1 We will collect some Personal Data from you directly. We may collect other Personal Data from third parties including: (a) the third parties that we partner with in connection with organizing fairs, short courses, airlines, providers of other related services, finance and insurance partners; (b) our third party marketing and research partners; (c) providers of third party websites, apps and social media platforms.
4. Why we collect and use your Personal Data
4.1 When you share information with us, you help us make our services to you better. Here are some of the ways we will use your Personal Data.
- To provide personalized consultancy advice: We will use Personal Data that we collect about you / your children to provide a personalized consultancy advice in studying abroad in the UK or any other available courses that we offer;
- To facilitate your application in the School / courses: We will use Personal Data that we collect about you / your children for the application in the School(s) / courses upon your request;
- To provide support To provide all other relevant support such as visa applications, pre-departure information / seminar;
- For marketing purposes For providing you with marketing communications, as explained in more detail in section  below;
- For social interactions: To administer campaigns, contests and sweepstakes conducted by us when you choose to participate in them, including disclosing the winners of any such contests;
- To improve Britannia StudyLink For the purposes of improving our services generally, including to ensure that our websites, mobile applications and web pages (including social media pages) function correctly and in accordance with your preferences and circumstances;
- For legal and administrative purposes For legal and administrative purposes such as to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, verifying and processing payment, screening against fraud, criminal or unlawful activities, accounting, billing and audit purposes, developing, maintaining and testing our systems, and for understanding, exercising, enforcing or protecting our legal rights and those of others.
5. Who we share your Personal Data with
In certain circumstances, we will / may disclose your Personal Data to third parties as described below:
5.2 Our service providers and members of Britannia StudyLink group who process personal data on our behalf for the purposes described in section 4 We will permit our third party service providers, including other Britannia StudyLink group companies, to use your Personal Data on our behalf for the purposes set out in section 4. Examples of such third parties may include operators of our IT systems.
5.3 Our third party partners, for marketing, research and analytics purposes We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties, including other Britannia StudyLink group companies and our marketing partners, so they can provide marketing services or conduct marketing or social interaction activities on our behalf such as campaigns, contests, sweepstakes, market research, surveys and data analytics to help us improve and tailor our marketing activities, products and services. Subject to us having obtained appropriate consent from you, we may also disclose your Personal Data to our third party partners in order that they may market their products and services to you.
5.4 Government and regulatory bodies and other individuals, bodies and organisations We may disclose your Personal Data to governments and regulatory authorities and bodies and to other individuals, bodies and organisations such as dispute resolution, prosecution and law enforcement bodies, legal advisers and other individuals, bodies and organisations for the purposes of complying with our legal obligations. We may also disclose your Personal Data to such individuals, bodies and organisations to enable us to provide our services to you and otherwise for legal and administrative purposes.
6.1 We may use Personal Data for marketing and promotional purposes, including (i) for sending or showing you updates on latest news, offers and promotions, including seminars, in connection with Britannia StudyLink; (ii) for sending or showing you joint marketing offers about our partners including airlines, providers of other related services, finance and insurance partners, or (iii) for tailoring and tracking your interactions with internet banner advertisement and links from third party websites to our website.
6.2 We may also use Personal Data to analyse your preferences and derive insights, which we may use to tailor the types of products and services and offers that we present to you. This may involve us combining Personal Data that we hold about your use of our services with information that we have collected about your web usage. We may also combine information that we have collected about you with information that we have collected about our other customers in order to derive these insights and establish market trends. We may provide these insights to our third party partners for their marketing and promotional purposes. We also use advertising services and products provided by third party service providers (such as marketing agencies and social media platforms) for marketing and promotional purposes, which may involve us sharing Personal Data that we hold about you with them.
6.3 We may communicate marketing, promotions and research invitations to you by post, telephone, or online (including by email or through your mobile device or via online banner advertisement) and, as appropriate and where required, we will ask you for your consent, or otherwise provide you with the opportunity to choose not to receive marketing, at the time we collect your data.
6.4 We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt out of further communication on any direct marketing communication sent to you. You may also opt out by contacting us as set out in paragraph 8 below.
6.5 Please note that if you choose to unsubscribe or opt out of marketing communication, you will still continue to receive administrative emails or correspondences which involves the services we render to you.
7. Transmission, storage and security of your Personal Data
7.1 No data transmission over the Internet, a website, mobile application or via email or other message service can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Data in accordance with the requirements of data protection legislation.
7.3 Your Personal Data may be transferred outside the country in which you are located, including to countries with a lower level of data protection than in the country in which you are located.
7.4 We will retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which it was collected and any other permitted linked purpose (for example where we are required to retain personal data for longer than the purpose for which we originally collected it in order to comply with certain regulatory requirements). Our retention periods are based on business needs and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised (and the anonymised information will be retained) or securely destroyed.
8. Your rights and contacting us
8.1 General rights
You have the right (subject to various exceptions and in accordance with data protection legislation in your country) to access certain Personal Data held about you and correct any inaccuracies. We may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request in accordance with data protection legislation in your country. You also have the right to raise a complaint about our processing with the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
8.2 Right to opt out of direct marketing
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by indicating that you do not consent to direct marketing at the point at which we collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time after we have collected and used your Personal data for direct marketing purposes by:
- following the opt out instructions contained in the relevant communications; or
- contact us by mail, by email or in person. Contact details are available at our website [https://www.britannia-study.com/contact]
8.3 Updating information
We will take reasonable steps to try and ensure that your Personal Data is accurate. To help us do this, please notify us of any changes to your Personal Data.
8.4 Contacting us
The Data Protection Officer
Britannia Study Link (Asia) Limited
28/F, Chinachem Leighton Plaza, 29 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
10. Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other sites that are operated by third party companies with different privacy practices. You should remain alert when you leave our site and read the privacy statements of other websites. We have no control over Personal Data that you submit to or receive from these third parties.